Monday, April 26, 2010

Celebrate



Hello, Strangers. Life just hasn't been very blogworthy until now. All the important, life changing revelations I've had recently are repeats, even though they all feel brand new to me. It's a pattern. I learn the same lessons over and over and over and over again. Little things like "honesty is the best policy." Haven't I written songs about this before? I know, I know, I know. And I'm still no expert.

On the music front, and I suppose this might be cause for celebration (oh wait, we already did!), this & that signed a publishing/licensing agreement with Word Records last week!!!! WOOHOO!!!! I've been in Nashville for eight years now and something has finally materialized!!! My dad may or may not have spread the rumor that we signed a record deal (I love you, Dad), but this is not the case. Eric and I are still independent artists. Basically what this means is that Word represents this & that and will be pitching our songs to get placements in films, tv shows, commercials, etc. We are really excited and feel extremely blessed to have been given this opportunity. Keep your fingers crossed! We have also recorded several new songs and are excited to share those with you. I'm not sure how those will be released yet, but we'll let you know.



These are pictures of Eric and I signing the contract...somehow we showed up wearing the exact same color. It was not planned. Whoops. I have a feeling that he may have been slightly embarrassed about that...and I might have secretly thought it was cool. Haha.

In other news...

I could not be more excited for my best friend, Julianna and her husband Ben. Ben is the second baseman for the Tampa Bay Rays and signed a 3-5 year contract with the Rays last week!!!!! This couldn't have happened to better people. Ben is such a hard worker and so humble...and he loves God more than anything in the whole world. It makes me so happy to see good things happen to the people I love. Ahhh!

Life gets really good sometimes. I forget. It is so much easier (or maybe just more natural) to focus on all the things that are going wrong. Someone told me a few weeks ago that you have to celebrate the little things...and really celebrate them so that they don't pass you by. It helps you appreciate it more. And I think the things we dream about rarely feel the way we think they will when they come to fruition. So. Celebrate regardless of how big or how small the accomplishment. I like celebrating so that is probably not going to be an issue.

1 comment: