Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's Pumpkin Time!


Have you ever seen "Flight of the Conchords?" I think it's on HBO. I don't know much about it except that two really funny guys from New Zealand, Jermaine and Brett have a knack for writing really funny songs and creating shows around the songs. My favorite song is probably "Part Time Model," ("and when you're walking down the street, depending on the street, you are definitely in the top three...depending on the street...you could be a part-time model, but you'd probably have to keep your normal job..."). Pretty funny, huh? I'm laughing right now just thinking about it.

Anyway, this past weekend I traveled to KC with Eric Vinson and the Vinyls and Eric's lovely wife Laura. And we entertained ourselves on the ride home with a few episodes of "Flight of the Conchords." I heard "It's Business Time" for the first time...and now it's stuck in my head. So as I typed the title for this post I was hearing Jermaine and Brett in my ear singing, "It's pumpkin, it's pumpkin time." Google "It's Business Time." You'll get it.

I love fall. I love everything about the fall. Especially pumpkins. I was very upset about a month ago when I tried to make pumpkin cannelloni and found out that all of Nashville was out of canned pumpkin due to a poor pumpkin crop this year. Lame? I know. I had to make it with sweet potatoes instead. So sad.


So last weekend was incredible. Kansas City was so good to us. The Crosstown Station was amazing and it felt SO good to be home with all of my friends and family. I loved it. It was fun to debut "this & that," too. But, as all good things must come to an end, we couldn't stay. So we drove back all day Sunday, only to hop back in the van Monday afternoon to drive to Knoxville...where we had another great show. Thank you, Preservation Pub, for all the good memories and good times.


And on the way back we stopped at IHOP and I got to eat some pumpkin pancakes. Heaven.


So now I'm sitting at my desk in Nashville, scheming ways to play more shows and trying to think of something really creative to write a song about. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Um. Duh. Write about the pumpkin shortage. (I bought 3 cans as soon as I found any because I thought it might be the last I EVER eat. I know. Dramatic.)

    So glad I got to hear you guys!

    ReplyDelete