Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How My Issues Inspire People



The first step is admitting there is a problem. You have to dig down deep and be really honest with yourself. I have an obsession with Amy Grant. It's healthy, I think. Maybe not. It's just that...when I was in second grade I was in my friend Lindsay Blatz's basement. We were playing Barbies and all of a sudden "That's What Love Is For," came on the radio. I'd never heard anything so lovely in all my 7 years of life. It moved me. And so when I got Amy's Heart In Motion cd for my 8th birthday (my first compact disc EVER), I decided I needed to move to Nashville and become a singer just like her. And almost 20 years later I'm still trying to be like her.

Occasionally, I'll realize that one of my friends kinda looks like Amy and I get a little jealous. I was telling my friends Mike and Stacey about this not too long ago and Mike, who is an amazing graphic designer/artist, made a cartoon about it. My issues inspired him!!!! I'm so glad people can use my problems for good. So. Enjoy.




Check out Mike Blakeman's other work at: http://www.ralphtherobot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hysterical. Gotta love those Blakemans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a doctor and a friend, I want you to know that you do NOT have a problem. Everyone has obsessions or interests, but that does not make it a "problem". Sure you have too much of her music, and enjoy anything she does, and dress like her sometimes...then go out in public trying to act like you are Amy Grant...and then there are all these people asking for autographs and you're like "HOORAY I'M AMY GRANT!". Does that mean you have a problem...no...no it does not. Even though you sometimes sneak around her house on the weekends just to see if she is home, because you know that you'd be best friends if you ever were to meet and spend time together....that doesn't mean you're obsessed.

    I will have to say though for your own safety hiding in the trunk of her car to say "SURPRISE" when she goes to put her groceries in the car is not safe....there are no seatbelts in the trunk of a car...trust me I know.

    Thank you and you're welcome
    Dr. Bob Shrinkerton

    ReplyDelete