Thursday, June 4, 2009

Krave

My friend Jess and I went out for frozen yogurt the other night. We were so excited 'cause we'd heard about this new place called "Krave." It's in Green Hills by the mall. Last summer when I was in LA I went to Pinkberry - you can get any flavor yogurt and any topping you could ever want. And you get as much as you want and then pay for it by the ounce. So I'm picturing that in my head. And that is not what Krave was. I ordered their "original" flavor and it tasted like the regular yogurt you buy at the grocery store...except frozen. WEIRD! I wanted frozen yogurt, the sort-of healthy ice cream alternative. But, no. This stuff probably actually was really healthy. And I didn't like it. It was sour and tart. I'm not trying to diss this place or give it a bad review...I might even go back...maybe I would have liked it if I'd known what to expect.

Why is that high expectations ruin everything?

On a positive/funny side note the lady in line behind us got to cut in line ahead of us because she was a regular. She had two HUGE bowls of yogurt (imagine a giant bread bowl from Panera...that size). She reached over and grabbed one spoon, so I grabbed another to help her out. And when I tried to give it to her she looked at me like I was crazy and said, "umm...those are both for me." Woah. I don't know if you're picturing a big enough container of yogurt in your head (imagine a gallon of milk...that size...jk). All for her. And then the woman at the cash register said this lady goes to Krave at least two IF not three times a day and always gets the same thing. Two large bowls of frozen yogurt. Wow. And she was a pretty small lady, too. Go figure. Maybe we should all go on the frozen yogurt diet. But, you know, I just wish it tasted like ice cream.

Here is my yogurt buddy, Jess and I on her wedding day. The dress kinda reminds me of a fluffy bowl of ice cream (except way prettier). Yummm...

No comments:

Post a Comment