Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Ones To Watch (Volume 1)

This is really just a good excuse to put a plug in for some friends of mine who I truly believe in. These are people you're gonna need to know. I hesitate to call them "friends," only because I don't want anyone to get the idea that I only listen to these people because they're friends. Nope, I only listen to good music (aside from the occasional Lady Gaga :). So here are three to watch:


Eric Vinson - Eric is six foot seven. True story. He just released a brand new EP, Free, a few weeks ago and in one of my favorite songs he says: "And if today you may need a helping hand, I'll stand as tall as all my inches say that I can stand. And I would die before I'd bend and let the world break your heart." Gorgeous, yea I know. Eric and I play together a lot and he's just a great, prolific, acoustic-indie artist. You will love him. Oh and his wife is pretty phenomenal, too. Laura. Her voice will melt your heart.



The Four Kicks - I am going to go out on a limb and say that this band is Nashville's next big thing. They are working with local producer Mitch Dane and are in the recording studio bringing us new tunes as I type. They were working on a new song today (which I am obsessed with...not sure what it's called yet, but it says "I'm knocked down, I'm not dead") and I thought they sounded like The Beach Boys meets The Beatles meets Southern Rock. They are way too cool for school. So check them out.


Julianna Zobrist - This is my best friend. And she's great. I'm so happy I can speak about her gift with conviction because it makes it so easy to be supportive of her. Jules also worked with Mitch Dane last fall and released her first EP, The Tree, in January. It's kind of Imogene Heap meets Regina Spektor. She also wears the coolest clothes of anyone I know...and she always keeps it interesting. Jules is quirky and fun to watch and she has a heart of gold.


Check them out and let me know what you think!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment