Wednesday, May 20, 2009

3-D. No, Really.

I got new glasses this week. I have had the same glasses for the past 6 or 7 years, believe it or not. And the past few months I had been feeling a little nauseous. I figured my prescription had changed. Well, it was either due to that or the fact that sometimes I forget how big I am and I run into things and bend my glasses out of whack. I went to Target optical and found these frames - I had tried on so many that I think they all started to look the same. But I kinda liked these. And they wanted $149 for the frames. Which isn't horrible, but it isn't good. Anyway, before committing to them I checked online and found the exact same frames for $60. No, I'm not joking. Can you believe that? Anyway, as soon as I got them in the mail I kinda freaked out a little. I'm still undecided. I feel like I look like a completely different human being. They're just kind of dramatic. But, hey, so am I :)

Now I'm having serious headaches from the new prescription. I can see REALLY well, though - I am actually seeing in 3-D. Or it feels like it anyway. How many days should one allow oneself to get used to new glasses before deciding that they might actually be too strong?? What is the waiting period?

So moral of the story is...look online before you buy stuff. It might save you a lot of money.

2 comments:

  1. you look incredibly hot in your new glasses....my mom, ironically, just got some new Betsey Johnson specs that look a LOT like this...you guys are kindred spirits!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your mom and i are twins. let's be honest. that's why you love me.

    ReplyDelete