Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Remedy


I love unexpected surprises. My friend and fellow musician, Wes Pickering, invited me to play a show with him this weekend in Park Springs, North Carolina. We set up a few more shows along the way. Sometimes these small shows are great successes...and sometimes they are just relatively uneventful. It's hard to know what to expect.

So last night we played in downtown Knoxville, Tennessee at Remedy Coffee. It was amazing!!! Not because a million people showed up, but because the people who did show up were just incredibly beautiful human beings. Davis, Jennifer, Sean, Angie, Sara...you are all SO cool! Thank you for making Wes and I feel completely at home. This is Remedy's motto:

"A place for coffee and conversation. A place to meet new friends and gather with old friends. A place to sit and relax. A place to be."
Remedy Coffee

Apparently, Remedy is also where Knox Life Church meets, which I'm confident is a great church after having met Sean, the pastor.

Another cool thing about Remedy. They are not out to make a profit. Every cent of profit made goes to local organizations or charities...or just people with great ideas that need support.

So Wes and I showed up there last night not knowing what we were getting ourselves into. And we were blown away. Remedy has actually only been open for a week, but it is a perfect place. And Wes and I had the pleasure and honor of being their very first musical guests. Wes also had the pleasure of hosting a sparrow on the headstock of his guitar for the first time ever. There is a first time for everything, I guess.



So, thank you Remedy Coffee. We love you.

The evening ended on a perfect note because we headed to Pigeon Forge to stay the night with one of my best friends, Tiffany. Remedy had the cutest hand-painted mugs so I got one for Tiffany and one for myself (as you can see below). It was so great to see her and reconnect. I miss that girl. Tiff said that she is happy I am so talented so I can travel and play shows and come see her all the time. I told her that I'm sad she is so talented because if she wasn't very good she could just move back to Nashville and get a regular job and be my roommate. Come back already!!!



Next stop: Winston-Salem, NC.

Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment