Sunday, September 27, 2009

Desperate Need of Laughter

I'm sorry. I apologize. I haven't had much to blog about lately. But I'm in need of a few laughs, so I thought I would share a few of my funnier moments as of late. Maybe you'll laugh, too.

Yesterday, I was hired to lead worship for a womens' retreat in Kansas City. It was a bit colder in KC than I had originally thought it would be, so even though I had brought a casual dress to wear for the day I opted for a pair of jeans, some gold flip flops and a normal top. I suppose that when the word "retreat," pops into my head that I think of a somewhat informal event. I walked into the womens' "retreat," yesterday morning and EVERYONE was wearing a dressy suit along with pantyhose and high heels. And then there was me in my jeans and flip flops. Oh my gosh. I was so embarrassed. I felt so out of place and so unprofessional. I considered apologizing, but decided that it would be better just to own it. So that's what I did. I rocked those jeans and flip flops :)

This might make you smile. A few weeks ago I was hanging out with my favorite 7 year old, Tessa. We were sitting in the car and I was talking to her older sister. Out of nowhere, Tessa blurted out, "SEXY." Her sister and I stopped our conversation. "What did you say," I asked? "SEXY," Tessa said again. Huh. So I asked her what she thought that meant. "It's when you eat chocolate and watch movies." Right on, Tessa. Right on. I love kids. They say the best things.

I always ask Tessa and her sister Coco, "what is the funniest thing you've done today?" If someone asked me that question, I would tell them about my little clothing mishap from yesterday. So, since I'm in need of laughter, I am going to pose that question to you. What is the funniest thing you've done or experienced today?

No comments:

Post a Comment