Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I Made It!!




If you go back to the first blog post I ever created, I mentioned that I was training for a 1/2 marathon. Well. I did it! My good friends, Ryan and Rebekah Mitchell and I drove up to Virginia Beach for Labor Day weekend and ran the "Rock'N'Roll Virginia Beach 1/2 Marathon." 13.1 miles. We got up at 4am on Sunday (September 6) and made our way to the starting line. My official time was 2:29:29, which was about fifteen minutes better than how I thought I'd do. I'm not fast!! That's about an 11 minute mile for anyone who's doing the math. But the important part is that I finished and ran the whole time. And I didn't die or pass out (and unfortunately, that happens sometimes...haha...remeber the Great Wall of China incident also from the first post?).

Ryan's sister, Keri, lives in Virginia Beach with her family and she was kind enough to host us along with all the Mitchells. Eight of the ten Mitchell clan ran the 1/2 marathon! And of the two that didn't run, Aileen is three, and her dad Luke needed to take care of her.



All in all it was an amazing experience and I'm so happy I did it. Nevermind that I am walking around like an 80 year old woman. Hopefully, I'll get over that.

In other great news, I sang on the new Josh Wilson ep, "Life Is Not A Snapshot," on the song "Right In Front Of Me," a few months ago. The ep released TODAY!!! Josh is a great Christian artist and he's a wonderful person, too. If he comes to your town, you should see him! But, regardless, you should go buy it. You won't regret it.

Hope all is well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment