Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Latest And Greatest Thing


Hi! Ok, so I realize it's been awhile since I've blogged. And this is why: July was pretty tame. I was so busy this past spring that I didn't have a ton of time to book any shows and as a result my adventures were few. Not that it was completely unblogworthy. Yes, I just made that word up.

I know I haven't blogged in awhile because I've been told by SEVERAL people that I need to step it up. What I don't understand is why I didn't even know these people read my blog in the first place. I've been under the impression that I only had 7 followers and no one would care (though I now see I have 11) if I got a little lax with the updates. SO I'm asking you to step it up now. If you read. Commit. Follow me!

For some reason, and I have no idea why, all this typing has made me think about someplace I really meant to go this past week. Blanc Burgers. I am craving a delicious peppercorn burger. Shoot! I have been to Kansas City twice in the past two weeks and I would have to say Blanc was a major highlight of the first trip. To all you Kansans I would highly recommend this joint. I was determined to make it there again on the second trip. But, alas, I forgot. My loss.

I really love food, you guys. I'm just sitting here thinking about all the great food I consumed in KC. And when people come to Nashville I get so excited to take them to my favorite restaurants here. Meals can be such an event. I just love it. And I love the friends and family that I get to share these experiences with. I'm so full of love right now :) Or should I say I'm full on love? Haha. Get it? Yes, I am aware that I'm not very funny.

Everytime I go to KC I feel such a pull to stay. It is home. I think it will always be home. I can't imagine it any other way. I wish it were possible to split my time between two cities. Do you think if I moved to KC that I'd feel the same way about Nashville? My mom told me this week that I really remind her of the latest Bachelorette, Jillian Harris, which is the ULTIMATE complement for me because I truly believe that Jillian and I could be best friends. And one of my mom's reasons is that Jillian is completely ruled by her emotions. Yes, that is me. 100% me. I can't seem to separate the truth from the way I feel about the truth. And there is a difference :) But if being the way I am finds me a hunk like Ed (Jillian's new fiance), then I will be ok. All that to say...that right now, at this exact moment, if I'd allow myself to follow my emotions I would have my things already packed and I'd be 1/2 way back to Kansas City right now. But I know Nashvegas is the place for me.

Well, that's enough about Kansas. I could go on for days.

This is my LATEST AND GREATEST THING. My good friend Eric Vinson and I have been writing together for awhile now and everytime we write we come up with something fantastic. It's impossible for us to do otherwise. So we decided to release a 3 song EP of our music. We are calling ourselves "This and That," and you can download this EP for FREE (YES FREE!!!!) at www.thisandthatmusic.com - What are you waiting for? Go now! This link will send you to a site called "noisetrade," which was started by Derek Webb. All you have to do to get it for free is to give 5 friends' email addresses...but I promise you that these friends will get ONE email saying "I downloaded this EP and you should too." And that is it. They will not be added to a mailing list and they will not start getting annoying spam emails. I pinky promise. If you don't want to do that, you can pay what you want for the music. So I'm pretty sure you could pay $1.00. Whatever. Just get it. 'Cause I really think you will love it. Go to:

www.thisandthatmusic.com

Well, that's all for now. I hope to have an amazing revelation for you all soon.

Oh, but I will leave you with this thought. I am going to help you avoid a mistake I made this morning. If you're thinking about going to the airport in a cute outfit that involves a large belt (that is not only nice to look at but is also necessary for holding things in place), think again. The security guard will make you take it off and everyone will have to wait for you to squeeze it through the belt loops that were much too small for such a large belt to begin with...and then you will realize that everyone can see your underwear and you will be praying very hard that you can make it past the metal detector without your pants falling. Please think about this the next time you go to the airport. It will save you a lot of stress and a lot of embarrassment. Just a suggestion.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutly love the new tunes you have been working on...they are going in my music collection pronto! And girl, you make me smile...thanks for the airport advice. But I must agree, it is an absolute to look cute going to the airport...it makes me feel like flying is more glamorous and special. :)

    ReplyDelete