Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tomato Fest


I promised. I am following through. I said I'd let you know how it was. The Tomato Festival in East Nashville was FANTASTIC. I hate to say it but I kinda felt like I was in Kansas City. KC always has these wonderful events like the Plaza Art Fair and the Westport one...and the First Friday events....and I was so proud of Nashville for the Tomato Fest. It made me feel like home. Turns out it was less about tomatoes and more about supporting local visual artists and music and restaurants and all things organic (not that I care too much about organic stuff). I had a KILLER hot dog. Next time you're in East Nashville you should stop at "I Dream of Weenie." You won't be disappointed. I'm not sure if I mentioned this in an earlier blog, but ever since I went to Tampa this past June I have been obsessed with hot dogs. I love them. Why have I deprived myself of this pleasure for so long? I had hot dogs again for dinner tonight (Hebrew National 97% Fat Free All Beef Hot Dog...it has all the goodness of a regular one). Yummy!

Another treat from the Tomato Festival - the Pied Piper Creamery. It's a local East Nashville ice cream shop. They have the most creative flavors. I am not usually a fan of chocolate ice cream, but they had a flavor called "hot chocolate," and it was chocolate ice cream with cayenne pepper. Love it. Love cayenne pepper. Maybe I'll start putting that on my hot dogs.

I will leave you with two last thoughts:

1. Honesty is so freeing.
2. Do not go see "The Ugly Truth." This is NOT a chick flick. NOT a chick flick. The previews are deceptive. Save your money. Or actually, spend it. Just go see "Julie and Julia" instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment